Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shalimar


Initially, I thought this island nation sitting
atop the vertebrae that is the Mid-Atlantic Rift would be pretty far removed from world cuisine. I was wrong. The city had it all: spanish, chinese, thai, japanese, french, italian, indian... you name it. And not just one of each, but restaurants abound. I was skeptical to try the Indian, being spoiled by Cedar's in Seattle, but if Bjork enjoys it, it probably isn't too good for me. I was blown away by this place. The spice on my tandoori haddock had my tongue lit up for hours, and the chutneys were obviously made in-house, they tasted so fresh.
Despite the fact that Art and I didn't try any of the traditional Iceland staples (rotten shark, sheep's head, reindeer burger), we fulfilled a craving and were most pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment