Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

U Stareho Pivovaru



My father has his favorites, and this is one. We ate here three out of the four nights we were in Prague. Elements of the dishes here are wonderful, for example the combination of cranberry sauce and gravy (goulash) is never bad. I'm not so much a fan of the bread dumplings, preferring instead the potato dumplings we've had elsewhere, but for the quality of the food, you cannot beat the price. The last time I was in Prague, at the same restaurant, I had ordered ribs and been seriously disappointed, they were coated in rock salt and semi-dry... I could not eat them. This trip however, I observed the waitress serving ribs that looked significantly different, so I tried them and WOW. Killer. Slow marinated in a sweet sauce (no doubt with a fair amount of soy) and grilled to perfection. I ate them two days in a row!

The last night we were at Pivovaru, my dad had an appetite for tartare, and a lovely tartare it was. Served with little piles of paprika, salt, pepper and split cumin seed, mustard, ketchup and onions. The deep fried rye bread I could've done without... hard as a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment