Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chez Andreas et Nora






My dear friends Andreas and Nora invited me and the father to their house for brunch our last afternoon in town. I had slept late and saved my appetite in anticipation of whatever Nora was going to cook, which was wonderful... and vegan! I think it was my father's first vegan meal, and a perfect introduction at that. Moist date and applesauce muffins, fruit salad and a strawberry gazpacho that was balanced so perfectly you couldn't exactly tell where the flavors were - they merged. Lunch finished with coffee and chocolate cake, not too sweet, again moistened with applesauce but having a much different texture than the muffins; a nice crumble. Nora and 'Dreas, I owe you a meal! Look forward to seeing you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment